Business leaders across Australia are gathering in Canberra today for the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry annual Business Leaders Summit.
The attendees are drawn from the Australian Chamber’s Business Leaders Council, which includes:
· Google Australia and New Zealand
· Thales Australia
· Samsung Australia and New Zealand
· Southern Cross Group Services
· Commonwealth Bank
· Pfizer Australia
· Vodafone Australia
· Crown Resorts
· The Star Entertainment Group
· Corrs Chambers Westgarth
· Football Federation Australia
· Laureate International Universities.
They will be joined by chambers of commerce from around the country and industry associations representing key sectors of the economy who are members of the Australian Chamber.
The Minister for Foreign Affairs, Julie Bishop, will officially open the summit at 8.30am.
The summit will discuss:
· What does the new generation of financial services look like?
· How can we build Australia’s skills base for the jobs that lie ahead?
· How can we make the Fair Work Act more fair?
· How can truth-tellers be heard in the era of fake news?
· How can our health system help people have a good life, not just a long life?
Google Australia and New Zealand Managing Director Jason Pellegrino will give a keynote address at the summit, Connected Small Businesses: Why digital engagement has become a critical ingredient to Australian small business success.
Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Chief Executive Officer James Pearson said: “The world is changing rapidly. We must make sure our businesses are internationally competitive and our workforce ready for the challenge or we will be left behind.”
WHAT: Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry annual Business Leaders Summit
WHEN: Tuesday, October 17, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Minister for Foreign Affairs, Julie Bishop, will officially open the summit at 8.30 am.
WHERE: National Gallery of Australia, James O Fairfax Theatre, Parkes Place, Parkes, Canberra.