International Chamber of Commerce Australia
The International Chamber of Commerce Australia is a part of the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. It is the conduit for Australian business to access international representation and take a seat at the global table.
What is the International Chamber of Commerce Australia?
We advocate on global policy positions affecting Australian business, including cross border trade and investment, information exchanges, foreign and strategic policy, transport, e-commerce, climate change, and many more topics.
For over 70 years, ICC Australia has been an influential member of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) located in Paris. ICC is the largest, most representative business organisation in the world. Its 6 million members in over 100 countries have interests spanning every sector of private enterprise. ICC Australia, as a National Committee of the ICC, is the conduit for Australian business to access this international representation and take a seat at the global table.
ICC Australia: your platform for influencing international policy
Through our unique international memberships of the International Chamber of Commerce and the Business and Industry Advisory Committee to the OECD (BIAC), ICC Australia members can contribute to policy at the international level.
ICC Australia members can be nominated by the Australian Chamber to participate in ICC and BIAC policy commissions and task-forces devoted to topics including:
- Banking technique and practice
- Commercial law and practice
- Corporate responsibility
- Customs and trade regulation
- Digital economy
- Dispute resolution
- Economic policy and Competition
- Environment and energy
- Financial services and insurance
- Intellectual property
- Marketing and advertising
- Trade and investment policy
- Transport and logistics
How do I become an ICC Australia Member?
To become a member of the ICC Australia Arbitration Committee, you must be a member of ICC Australia. To find out if your corporation, firm or organisation is already a member or for information about becoming a member, please contact Jaqueline Lau [email protected]
All ICC Australia Members receive the following benefits:
Policy and advocacy
- AusChamber Insights, our weekly e-mail bulletin offering news and analysis on policy issues.
- ICC Australia newsletter.
- Facilitated connections with federal politicians and bureaucrats on policy issues affecting business.
- Access to our policy and communications materials, including submissions, issues papers and media releases, which can be shared through your own communication channels.
- Interaction with our team of expert policy staff.
- Access to the International Chamber of Commerce Australia National Committee, allowing input into international policy formulation.
- Access to the Australian Chamber’s international affiliates:
– International Chamber of Commerce
– Business and Industry Advisory Committee (BIAC) to the OECD
– International Organisation of Employers
– Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry
– Confederation of Asia-Pacific Employers
– Indian Ocean Business Alliance
– Australian ASEAN Business Council
– Nomination to ICC and BIAC policy commissions and taskforces
– Discounted ICC events, publications and opportunities
- Permission to display our logo on your website or marketing materials (subject to approval).
- Discounted rates for additional marketing and event sponsorship opportunities.
Access and networking
- Australian Chamber networking events each year in cities across Australia to build relationships, debate and collaborate.
- Selected events run by the ICC.
PLEASE NOTE – if you are an existing:
– Constitutional Member of the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (State or Territory Chamber Member or Industry Association Member); or a
–Business Leaders Council Member (Leaders, Enterprise, Business Package);
then you are automatically granted membership of the International Chamber of Commerce Australia. Other corporate and private individuals are invited to apply separately for direct membership of the International Chamber of Commerce Australia via the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.