International Organisation of Employers
The International Organisation of Employers (IOE) is the largest private sector network in the world, with more than 150 national business and employer organisation members. The IOE is the recognised global voice of business in social, labour and employment policy debates in the International Labour Organization (ILO), across the UN and multilateral system, and in the G20 and other emerging processes.
The IOE is at the leading edge of critical global debates, initiatives and standards that impact on doing business and creating jobs in Australia, and on the capacities of Australia to do business with the world.
The IOE’s mission is to:
- Promote the economic, employment and social policy environments necessary to sustain and develop free enterprise and the market economy.
- Provide an international forum to bring together, represent and promote the interests of national employers’ organisations and their members throughout the world on labour, employment and socio-economic policy issues.
- Assist, advise, represent and inform members and to coordinate the interests of employers at the international level, particularly within the ILO and across other international institutions.
- Advance and strengthen independent and autonomous employers’ organisations and enhance their capabilities to represent and service members.
- Inform public opinion and promote the contribution of doing business to community and economic life.
- Facilitate and promote the exchange and transfer of information, experience and good practice amongst members.
For more information visit the IOE website.