2020 Asia-Pacific Commercial Mediation Competition | University Teams
We invite university teams of 2-4 students to become part of the 2020 Asia-Pacific Commercial Mediation Competition. Applications close on 24 June 2020.
Who Can Apply?
The Competition is open to all students currently enrolled at an Asia-Pacific university.
- The role of the Counsel must be taken by a law student, whereas the role of the Client can be played by other students. Accordingly, at least one student in each team needs to be a law student. However, students studying economics, business or politics are highly encouraged to apply.
- In each session, two team members actively compete against two team members from another team. A team must consist of at least two and a maximum of four students.
- Each team can be accompanied by one or two coaches.
- Please note that pursuant to the Competition Rules, students who have already participated in the ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition in Paris are prohibited to compete.
We draw the applicants’ special attention to the Competition Rules. The applicant and selected universities must make sure they meet all the requirements set by the Competition Rules. Please be mindful of the fact that by submitting an application to participate in the Competition you are indicating to The Organising Committee that you have read and understood the Competition Rules.
Please click the button below to apply using the online application form. Due to the impact of COVID-19 on the timing and format of the 2020 Competition, all deadlines are tight and fixed. To assist us with planning we encourage your early Application. Applications close on 24 June 2020.
Applications will be considered by The Organising Committee, and you will be promptly notified as to the outcome of your application.
The Registration Fee is a flat fee per Team, comprising 2-4 Students and up to 2 Coaches. The Team fee is AUD $1,000.00 plus GST of 10%.
Full payment of the Registration Fee is required within 14 days of the Organising Committee accepting the Team’s Application or by 30 June 2020, whichever is earlier. Teams that do not proceed with the payment of the Registration Fee by 30 June 2020 will not be admitted to the Competition.
Preparation and Training
A training session will be conducted online by the Organising Committee for all competing teams. Dates to be confirmed.
The following resources may also assist your team in preparation for the Competition:
- ICC International Commercial Mediation Training Role-Plays, available for purchase from the ICC Store
- ICC Mediation Practice, available for purchase from the ICC Store
Or contact Deborah Lockhart, CEO, Australian Disputes Centre
P: 61 2 9239 0700
E: [email protected]