Budget night document improvements
The Australian Chamber will be providing a summary of the Commonwealth Budget on budget night, exclusively for our members.
As in past years, the Australian Chamber will be providing a summary of the Commonwealth Budget on budget night, exclusively for our members. Consistent with our goal of providing a value added service and constantly looking at ways to enhance our offering, we have introduced some improvements this year following a thorough consultation process with members.
This summary will include all the key policy announcements, a synopsis of the economic and fiscal outlook, as well as a brief analysis of the budget with reference to our pre-budget submission and long-term policy principles.
- You and your teams are busy, time poor and get bombarded with a lot of information to read – in response, we have consolidated last year’s two budget documents into one, more concise, budget summary.
- The budget summary will be more succinct and timely. It will be distributed at approximately 7.45pm to you and your team, following a media release at approximately 7.35pm.
- This will allow members to more easily co-brand (in sum or part) the budget summary for distribution to your own members should you wish.
- As an additional value add, policy directors will, if there is a need, send a follow up email to their respective policy committees with further commentary by the following day (and beyond if the need arises). The Economics and Industry Policy unit will also follow up with a more considered piece, in the wake of any media coverage and commentary over ensuing days.
- You and your team should also feel free to contact our policy teams directly with any questions.
Please don’t hesitate to call Adam Carr (0428679412 or email [email protected]) if you would like to discuss. Also don’t forget to keep an eye out for our key budget and post budget events – or contact Mr Paul Nicolaou, [email protected] for further details.